Independent Legal Advice – Guarantor Advice – Borrower Advice
Independent legal advice involves the explanation to guarantors, borrowers or third party security providers of their obligations and liabilities contained in loan and security documents proposed in a loan transaction. This is fast becoming an essential requirement by lenders.
Lenders require guarantor’s to obtain independent legal advice to ensure all parties understand the proposed transaction. We specialise in banking and finance law and have vast experience in this area. We are also familiar with the standard documentation used by most lenders, big or small.
We can provide this service:
- within 48 hours of receiving instructions;
- Australia wide in person in our office or via recorded video interview.
Our fees are fixed for the provision of independent legal advice, with a scale of fees linked to the monetary value of a transaction.
- Contact one of our team to enquire and request a quote;
- Pay the fee in advance into our trust account (payment options will be explained by one of our team);
- Book an interview time (via video link or in our office); and
- Provide us with the loan, guarantee and security documents for our review (we will not confirm your appointment until we have these documents).
Protect yourself and satisfy the lender’s pre-conditions,
Book your appointment for independent legal advice here:
- Your interview will be recorded, by booking an appointment with us you consent to being recorded;
- Payment must be received in full before your booking is confirmed;
- Additional guarantors or security providers requiring advice on the same transaction will receive a 50% discount;
- Your advice will be given by one of our trained lawyers, it may not be the same person you booked your appointment with; and
- The above mentioned advice does not include advice in respect to varying or amending documents or acting for the Borrower or Guarantor in the transaction generally. Please contact us if this additional advice is required.